WIN is the Weight Issues Network. We are a group of people whose lives are affected by overweight or obesity, who along with families and those who care, are committed to breaking weight stigma.
To provide a strong voice and support for people living with and affected by obesity.
- Raise awareness around the challenges and need for support.
- Advocate for people’s needs.
- Fight weight stigma, bias, and discrimination.
- Create a community of support and opportunities for people to share their experiences, stories and insights to help others.
- Provide evidence-based education on obesity.
- Safe and empowering
People feel safe both physically and psychologically. Provide information, support and a platform for people to have a voice.
We work together and with other organisations to make a difference.
Focus to reduce stigma and discrimination in Australia. Separate the person and the condition.
- Brave and Bold
Hold high expectations of what we want to achieve. Inspire people to participate, learn, grow and make a difference. Be brave and bold in facing challenges that arise.
- Equity and inclusion
Include and respect the broad range of people living with obesity, their families, loved ones and carers.
Transparent around funding, plans and conflicts of interest. Clear with our intentions and approach.